Friday, December 21, 2007

The Light Returns

Although I will be celebrating a fairly traditional Christmas with my family, my holiday is really today-the Winter Solstice or Yule. Yule celebrates the return of the sun. After the solstice the days start getting longer. Yule traditions include decorating a pine tree, burning a Yule log, the hanging of mistletoe and holly, giving gifts, and general celebration and merriment. Whatever you call your Winter holiday I wish for you hope and promise that a new and longer day will bring you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My best to you both this holiday season. I hope that the upcoming year is everything that you want it to be.

Alfie said...

Yuletide greetings to you and yours from me and mine. Incidentally, this is the second year running that we haven't had mistletoe in the local shops. Who's taking it all?

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Debbie, wishing you a dirty yet delightful festive season.

xoxo Rups

Wandering Lover said...

Happy Winter Solstice to you as well!! Happy Holidays to everyone (whatever your seasonal holiday may be).