Below is some of the latest. I found it in this month's Men's Health magazine, so it's for the guys this time.
Along with the obvious improvement in brain function because you feel good, having sex twice a week will:
- Bolster your immune system. This is due to a spike in immunglobulin A, an antibody that can fight off respiratory and stomach infections.
- Cut the risk of prostrate cancer. The more a man ejaculates, the more carcinogens are flushed out of the sex gland.
- Halve your risk of a fatal heart attack. Sex causes a surge in testosterone, a hormone which protects the heart from stress.
- Ignite the body's fat burners. During sex men usually use 143 muscles and use as many calories as during a 15 minute jog.
- De-stress your mind. After orgasm the body releases oxytocin, a hormone that acts as a natural antianxiety drug.