Thursday, August 4, 2005

Lovemaking vs. Hot Monkey Sex

I have had both with my soul mate. I enjoy both on different levels. Since we have gotten back together I think I needed to perform at a higher level. It has been 17 years since were last in bed together. My tastes have become more refined, some have changed, my horizons have broadened.
As with many things, when your in love, we want to share things. I wanted to share all this with him. I think I was worried he'd get bored, it was one of the causes of the break-up.
Last night made love, wonderful, perfect love. It was spontaneous, beautiful, gentle, and inspiring.
From this I realized some things - to just be me again in bed, to just love my partner the best way I know how. I don't need to go over the top every time. We need that bond that lovemaking gives us.
On the other hand-the hot monkey sex is fun too and we that every so often. It's more like play and we need to play, have fun, and be uninhibited in bed. It helps the relationship by building trust. Think about it, getting naked in front of someone takes trust, but to move onto being naked on all fours saying "spank me, I've been bad" takes even more trust, along with love.
So in the and analysis it has to be fun, non-humiliating, true and real, and feel good and right.
This all may seem like a simple insight and conclusion, but I guess I couldn't see the forest for the trees there for a while.
So honey make me bark like a dog tonight, but let me become one body with you the next.
Keep on loving.....