Thursday, February 28, 2008

Duty and Priority

I want to start this entry by visually explaining one of my major outlooks on life.
For many years now I've known that life is a wonderful thing. This idea sort of hit home when I was about 21 years old and the depth of the understanding has grown over the years. I believe that life is dynamic, things happen for a reason, and there are no accidents.
I believe I make my own life, it does not 'happen' to me.
So, having once been a student of the Tarot, I always picture myself on a large wheel that is turning. Because of the turning sometimes I'm 'on top of the world', while at other times the wheel is on top of me. But it does spin, so nothing good lasts forever, therefore cherish it; and nothing bad lasts forever either, so don't sweat it.


Lately I have been at the bottom of the wheel on several levels. I'll mention just a couple of them here.
It took three attempts to fix my laptop, ending with my hard drive being replaced without a complete backup. So everything from Quicken files to recipes are gone for good. But, regret and bitching won't write those 0's and 1's onto my new hard drive. It is a great reminder of the impermanence of life.
Then I found out that my mother was very ill. I had to leave town to go and take care of her for a couple of days.
When I compare this sort of stuff to the blog I love to write I feel like a shallow hedonist. So that's why there was no CBW this week, but I will pick that up next Wednesday. Part two of my latest story will go in tomorrow after some editing.

I have been writing this sex blog for 3 years and I not only enjoy it, but I'm proud of the fact that I can integrate the side of my life that my readers know here along with my regular 'ho-hum' life.
I hope I always have both and never have to decide on one or the other.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear that things haven't been going well for you. I am sure that things will turn around soon. There are always brighter days ahead. XOXO

Anonymous said...

Hey there MCB, thanks for the kind thoughts. It's obvious that yhou understand what I'm saying....always brighter days ahead.