Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sex News #10 Come Hither

Today's news is from the Baltimore Sun, my home town newspaper.
In the Psychology column of the Health Today section I saw the following headline:
"Sexes view come-hither differently, studies find."



The study was about a flirtatious or seductive man or woman intruding in on a committed relationship.
Findings were reported in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology and done by McGill University in Montreal.

When a move is made by an outsider men are more likely to succumb to temptation and women are more likely to reinforce the emotional fortress to protect the relationship.

It seems to have been an interesting study:
After an encounter/scenario with an attractive member of the opposite sex, the researchers had the subjects fill in the blanks of a word game.

I thought it might be fun to try this with my readers.

B E _ A _ E

L O _ A L


What words would you create?

Please don't leave your answers in the comment area. I don't want answers to be influenced by others. I will delete any answers in the comment area, but will still keep track of them.
Email me instead using the address on the sidebar or just click here
Don't forget to let me know what gender you are with your answer.

I'll keep this going for a week (or longer if I need more responses) and give the answers I got here along with what the study came up with in my next Sex News Sunday post.

Part Two of my news this week: I think my muse is here, I just need a little more energy to keep up with her. I should have more stories soon. In the mean time CJ is still writing so don't forget to visit his site, Dirty Debbie's CJ

No comments: