Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Better Than Love


CJ is out of town again.

I haven't been taking care of myself the way I should lately, mostly because of fear. I was afraid to talk to the doctor about the pains in my chest and arm because of the history of heart disease on both sides of my family. I don't smoke, I drink only occasionally, but I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and am not in the best shape.

I finally spoke with the doctor today, after breaking down crying in his office. Things are not as nearly as bad as I thought. My problem is mostly stress, giving me higher blood pressure and irregular racing heartbeats, and making my GERD act up (causing the chest pain).



I gave CJ a call when I got out of the office. I gave him a quick explanation of all that had happened at the office. I told him that I 'didn't want to leave early'.

He answered with something more meaningful to me than 'I love you'.
His words were:
'I need you to be my partner. Don't make me go looking for another one now'
I promise you CJ, I'll be here as long as I can. I told him that all I needed was him behind me and I'd do fine. He told me he'd cook healthier food for me and make me eat more fruit. It's a great start.
Partners for life.

No comments: